Here’s a great list of videos and YouTube channels about web accessibility, assistive technology, and more. And from some excellent sources!
- We Are Nomensa YouTube Channel
- Yahoo Accessibility YouTube Channel
- AbilityNet YouTube Channel
- AccessOntario’s YouTube Channel
- MIT Assistive Technology: Universal Access
User Accessibility Testing YouTube playlist by Joseph Karr O’Connor
- Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure (GPII) [Great example of audio description]
- How Assistive Technology Works: Video Demonstrations (University of Dundee, Scotland)
- For videos about accessibility from this year’s Google I/O, visit the Web Axe blog Accessibility at Google IO 2011.
- Older, but still fun! WCAG 2.0 Theme Song
2 replies on “Accessibility Videos”
Hi Denis, thanks for the links. I’d like to share some of my favourites with you:
AssistiveWare videos on computer accessibility – amazing personal stories and great examples of assistive technologies in action.
Enable – People with Disabilities & Computers (6 Parts) – an award-winning production.
Accessibility Videos and Podcasts from University of Wisconsin
‘From where I sit’ video series from California State University.
Creature Discomforts from Leonard Cheshire Disability. Brilliant production from Aardman Animations (the makers of Wallace and Gromit and Creature Comforts).
Ironically, most of “accessibility” videos are not captioned.. Shame on them..