Download Web Axe Episode 67 (WCAG2, events, CS4, John Slatin)
News & Events
- Joe Clark wanted to be listed in Ross’ typography blog post
- Ross in the news (co-working style enviornment)
- Refresh Detroit meeting November 19 will focus on web accessibility
- Dennis to speak at Accessing Higher Ground: Accessible Media, Web and Technology Conference; November 11-14, 2008; Boulder, Colorado
WCAG 2.0 nearing completion
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 was published as a W3C Proposed Recommendation on 3 November 2008. This means that the technical material of WCAG 2.0 is complete and it has been implemented in real sites. The next stage is the final publication, which is expected in December 2008.
Podcasts from Accessibility Conference last spring
- put on by AbilityNet in UK
- Download the podcasts, transcripts and summaries of Accessibility 2.0 presentations!
- Adobe’s Favorite CS4 Accessibility Features
- Notably, Flash video playback controls are accessible by default.
John Slatin Fund Project
Matches accessibility experts with companies wanting a brief accessibility audit of their websites. In return for the audit, site owners will contribute a minimum of $500 to help fund the medical expenses incurred by John’s family during his long illness.”
One reply on “Podcast #67: WCAG2, events, CS4, John Slatin”
Ya, Adobe has been trying making Flash/Flex much accessible to people with disabilities. They have also made the CS4 suite much accessible with some extended features.
I think 800 X 600 screen resolution has became abandoned nowadays. Let’s see what they discuss and decides.