I recently came across an article from disaboom called “Assistive Technology: Top 8 Free Browsers for Visual Impairment and More“. The link was also popular on Twitter. But one problem, there are no links to the mentioned browser! So I went and found them:
- WebbIE -accessible browser, RSS news reader and more.
- EdWeb – talking web browser that can display web pages as text and symbols.
- Fire Vox – Talking Browser Extension for Firefox (add-on page).
- CliCk, Speak – less advanced version of Fire Vox.
- Orca – speedy and powerful Gecko-based browser.
- Simply Web 2000 – outdated; optimized for Internet Explorer 5.
- SpeakOn -PC-based media suite program (four apps).
- Thunder – package contains the WebbIE Text browser and more.
I’d like to add that Disaboom is a pretty nice site. In their words:
Disaboom is the leading resource for disability information and real-life articles about people with disabilities. Our broad range of topics, including health conditions, lifestyle, and helpful resources, help you create the life you want.