Dennis and Ross discuss many considerations and techniques concerning screen and browser resolution when designing an accessible web site including:
- Fixed vs. 1024 x 768 vs 800 x 600
- Recent screen resolution stats of users
- Min/max-width and IE support
- Considering content/audience
Download Web Axe Episode 38 (Screen Resolution)
- Browser stats from W3C
- 800×600, should I really care?
- Optimal width for 1024px resolution?
- Should all sites be fluid?
- Resolution vs. browser size vs. fixed or adaptive width
- Resolution dependent layout example
- Shout out for good blogging
- beast-blog.com (Mike Cherim)
- snook.ca (Jonathan Snook)
- 456bereastreet.com (Roger Johansson)
- Article on Sitepoint, Ajax & Screenreaders