First, Dennis and Ross discuss a variety of topics including some current surveys and a couple articles about skip-to links. Then Dennis speaks with @JoeDevon and @Jennison about the inaugural Global Accessibility Awareness Day!
Download Web Axe Episode 95 (Global Accessibility Awareness Day, Surveys, more)
- Ross’ book update.
- Positive email response to Disability.gov critique.
- Liz Ellcessor Ph.D. candidate in Media & Cultural Studies at U of Wisc interviews Dennis (Malware warning due to hosting issue).
- New! a11yBuzz by @KarlGroves, an “accessibility body of knowledge”.
- 2 updates (validation, open in other browsers) to Web Accessibility Toolbar 2012 by The Paciello Group.
- Seeing more accessibility jobs in general lately. Hiring good web developers at PayPal in San Jose, San Francisco, Austin; contact @DennisL.
- Blind or low-vision users, complete AFB’s Survey on Travel Website Accessibility.
- Short survey by Blind Bargains to improve accessibility to flowcharts on mobile devices (must log in).
- Survey on Books & Accessibility for person with disability, special educators, parents; from @Barrierbreak.
- 4th screen reader survey by WebAIM
- Skip links on mobile and tablets by @iheni.
- Article by @TerrillThompson “Back to Basics: Skip to Main Content Links“.
- The Mobile Website Debate (Jakob Nielson vs Josh Clark vs Ross Johnson).
- Usability Principles, Accessibility Style, a 3-part series by @AquinasWI.
- Good examples of accessible websites by @TerrillThompson.
- Accessibility Conference at University of Guelph, Ontario – May 29-30, 2012
- Accessibility Camp Seattle (A11ySEA) – June 2-3, 2012
- NFB National Convention 2012 starts June 30 in Dallas: http://t.co/mSQ59Op5
Global Accessibility Awareness Day
- Wednesday, May 9; first one ever!
- GAAD Website (launched May 2!) (updated URL)
- Facebook page.
- Twitter @GblA11yDay and hashtag #GAAD.
- Event in Los Angeles featuring Yahoo!’s Todd Kloots and Victor Tsaran.
- Melbourne Breakfast Meetup led by Adem Cifcioglu.
- Event in Toronto, Canada, at OCAD University.
- Event in Mumbai, India sponsored by BarrierBreak Technologies.
One reply on “Podcast #95: Global Accessibility Awareness Day, Surveys, more”
[…] to WebAxe Podcast #95, […]