Dennis talks briefly about a couple of his recent presentations, a few other presentations and articles, and has a great conversation with Katherine Lynch.
- Busy new day job for Dennis at PayPal.
- Two recent presentations by Dennis. Shout out to Norm Coombs of EASI (Equal Access to Software and Information) and John Croston (@jfc3) for putting on the Accessibility DC meetup.
- How Expensive is Accessibility? (by @KarlGroves)
- ARIA and HTML5 Accessibility (by @WebAIM)
- Screen readers and CSS (by @RogerJohansson)
- HTML5 Video Accessibility (by @SilviaPfeiffer)
Discussion with Katherine Lynch.
Katherine Lynch who works for Drexel University Libraries in Philadelphia. Katherine is a Drupal and accessibility professional and has done many presentations and written many articles. Find her on Twitter at @katelynch. Dennis and Katherine discuss her recent article 5 Teaching Mistakes Accessibility Advocates Make:
- We assume that others don’t know anything.
- We assume that others know too much.
- We get hung up on one cause of accessibility.
- We try to convert people who don’t need converting.
- We blame people for not already knowing.