The 33rd annual CSUN Assistive Technology Conference will be held March 19-23, 2018 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel in San Diego, California. (It’s reportedly the last year in San Diego as the conference will move back to the LA area in 2019.) The keynote speaker is Daniel Goldstein, an attorney who has been involved in the field of disability rights for almost 35 years. If you can’t make it there, catch the keynote live stream on YouTube (5:30 PM PST Tuesday, March 20).
Here are session schedules by companies well-known in the digital accessibility industry:
- Deque Systems (@DequeSystems)
- IBM sessions (@IBMAccess)
- The Paciello Group at CSUN 2018 (@PacielloGroup)
- Microsoft Accessibility sessions slated for CSUN 2018 (@MSFTEnable)
- Level Access (@LevelAccessA11y)
- AccessibilityOz (@AccessibilityOz)
Lainey Feingold (@LFLegal) will be presenting her very popular Digital Accessibility Legal Update a few times, in large rooms, so everyone can attend, yay.
- Deque Party and Accessible Karaoke: Palm Foyer, Wednesday, March 21, 6:30-10:00PM.
- 3rd Annual aXe Hackathon; Saturday, March 24th 10:00AM-3:00PM, at Downtown Works, 550 West B Street (short distance from conference venue).
- Microsoft Reception: Thursday, March 22, 7-9PM, Seaview Room (lobby level).
- Google party, if you’re lucky enough to get an invite (not very inclusive!)
Web Axe author Dennis Lembree (@DennisL) will be co-presenting two sessions:
- Going the extra mile—designing for more than minimal compliance
- So You Want To Start A Digital Accessibility Program?
If you’re new to the CSUN conference, you may want to check these out:
- Webinar: The Viking & The Lumberjack Present: The complete newb’s guide to CSUN, Mar 5, 2018 12PM in Eastern Time
- CSUN For Newbies by @JohnFoliot
- CSUN Tips & Tricks by @PaulJAdam
- Guide to Attending #CSUNATC17 on a Budget by @BlindBargains
- CSUN 2018 Schedule (Google Sheet).
- Check the Program Addendum for any conference schedule changes.
- CSUN schedule in Daisy format.
- The Exhibit Hall is free to attend but you must register.
- List of game accessibility talks at CSUN 2018 curated by Ian Hamilton.
- Twitter account is @CSUNCOD; hash tag is #CSUNATC18
- Last year’s Web Axe CSUN17 Review.