Ross interviews web guru Jeremy Keith; Dennis and Ross discuss news, articles, and Google Wave.
- 15 Podcasts That Will Make You Smarter via Nancy White
- Interviewing Martha Lane Fox about Digital Inclusion by Sandi Wassmer (@SandiWassmer)
News and Links
- Obama administration unveils Recovery.gov makeover (We reviewed original Recovery.gov site in Podcast #69.)
- New WebAIM Screen Reader User Survey
- Accessibility Review: PetsContained.com by Joe Dolson
- How Many People is Your Website Alienating? (Ross’ article)
Accessibility Review of Google Wave
Google Wave Preview Accessibility Review by Jared Smith. Jared tactfully explains how web accessibility of Google Wave fails miserably. For example:
- Alternative text is not provided for any images.
- Background images are used to convey content.
- Roles, states, and other accessibility properties are not defined.
- There is no document or heading structure or semantics.
- Form elements do not have labels or titles.
- Keyboard focus indication is hidden, making keyboard navigation nearly impossible.
- Keyboard focus is often trapped.
- The application becomes unusable and unreadable when text size is increased only slightly.
Jeremy Keith Interview
- Jeremy’s articles
- Bulletproof Ajax book
- DOMscripting book
- Jeremy on Twitter: @adactio
- Clearleft – Web Design Agency
- Silverback – Usability Testing Software
- This Week in HTML5 – Episode 36 #Accessibility
- Building Accessible Flex and Adobe AIR Applications | MAX 2009 Develop | Adobe TV
- Create a CSS3 Button That Degrades Nicely (Ross’ article)
The podcast was originally cut off by a couple minutes at the end. It is now fixed. Full running time is about 1 hour and 12 minutes.