No coffeemaker and need coffee?! So you search the web and find an article about brewing coffee MacGuyver-style, but can’t access the large image which contains the vital points. Lifehacker’s article Brew an Emergency Cup of Coffee with Two Paper Cups and a Filter is practical and fun, but the image containing the crucial steps is missing alternative text. So to save my fellow coffee fans in a time of crisis, here’s the alt text:
- Acquire 2 paper cups, 1 filter, boiling water, a cutting instrument.
- Cut one cup towards the top so that it creates a ring at least 2 inches tall. Place the filter over the other uncut cup.
- Slide ring down over the filter, which is sitting on the uncut cup. Push down until small amount of filter is visible on all sides.
- Place desired/available coffee grounds in the cup over filter.
- Begin slowly filling open portion with near boiling water. Do not over fill and occasionally stir.
- Brewing may take anywhere between 5 and 10 minutes including set up and brew. However, it’s a hell of a lot better than having no coffee at all.