Another set of great links on web accessibility for March 2010. In addition, see below for post-CSUN links, roundups and presentations!
- Be Kind to the Color Blind – ColourLovers
- Why Captioning? – Stanford University
- Stop Using JAWS for Web Accessibility Testing? – Clear Helper
- Making the mobile internet accessible for all – ComputerWeekly
- NCAA college basketball tournament bracket – Terrill Thompson
- Problems with CAPTCHA and audio CAPTCHA alternative – groups.drupal
- What Is A Braille Display And How It Is Used – Even Grounds
- Call for speaker proposals for “13th Annual Accessing Higher Ground” conference. First round due April 2.
- Why websites shouldn’t accommodate disabled users – by Pete Love (e.g. use universal design)
- Accessibility Review: Target.com – by Joe Dolson (post lawsuit)
- Screen Readers And WAI-ARIA Landmark Roles – Léonie Watson
- Variations on Ginader’s [Awesome] Accessible Tabs – Accessible Culture
- Accessibility of Links by Steve Grobschmidt
- Web Accessibility Preferences Are For Sissies? – WebAIM
- Boston Accessibility Unconference is May 15
- Web Accessibility Fears and Ways to Conquer Them – Even Grounds
- CSUN Conference 2010 – great summary by Nicholas Zakas
- Insights into the 25th Annual International Technology & Persons with Disabilities Conference – The DAISY Planet
- CSUN 2010 recap – Marco of Mozilla
- More Audio Coverage of CSUN 2010 – Blind Bargains [no transcriptions]
- CSUN photos from Dennis – a dozen or show snapshots
- Stanford Captioning System: A Workflow Model for Producing Captioned Media – includes link to PDF of presentation
- Download the Adaptech presentation on social media use & accessibility; view the entire survey, too.
- Importance of Accessibility for a Successful and Future-Proof Business – Artur Ortega of Yahoo
- Accessibility of Twitter – by and Joseph O’Connor and Dennis Lembree
- Adobe Slides from CSUN 2010 Talks
- DAISY Consortium’s Presentation at CSUN (captioned video)
- Point-and-Chat info and presentations (AAC application)
- Presentations from WebAIM – great stuff!
2 replies on “Link Roundup including CSUN – March 2010”
Interesting group of links! Thanks. FYI, another CSUN presentation available online is George Kerscher’s presentation about digital publishing, available on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS7X8q5ZTt8
The WebAIM presentations are up at http://webaim.org/blog/csun-2010-presentations/.