Tweets were recently going around about free online/e-books relating to web accessibility. They point to the web page 6 free online books about web accessibility by Jitendra. I’ve repeated them here in a simple list and added a Microsoft book and an excerpted chapter by Shawn Lawton Henry from one of the books.
- Web Accessibility: Web Standards and Regulatory Compliance (Multiple authors, Friends of Ed, 2006)
- Understanding Web Accessibility (Shawn Lawton Henry, 2006) [Chapter 1 of book above]
- Engineering Software for Accessibility (Microsoft, 2009)
- Building Accessible Websites Serialization (Joe Clark, last updated 2007)
- Just Ask: Integrating Accessibility Throughout Design (Shawn Lawton Henry)
- Access by Design (Sarah Horton, 2005)
- Accessible Web Typography – an introduction for web designers (ScotConnect)
- Dive Into Accessibility (Mark Pilgrim, 2002)
3 replies on “Free Online Books on Accessibility”
Appreciate the roundup! (It actually seems like a useful roundup and not a mindless Google search).
Any one of these your favorite?
The first one listed (from Friends of Ed) is more recent and most comprehensive.
[…] Web Axe’s lista de Livros Online sobre Acessibilidade. (conteúdo em inglês) […]