What there is to know about HTML Framesets and Accessibility, and the old question “should I use frames?” I say no!
- Creating Accessible Frames (WebAim)
- Frames and Search Engines
- Making Accessible Frames (Univ of Wisconsin-Madison)
- Frames: Good or Bad?
- Why You Shouldn’t Use Frames
- Accessibility and frames (ScotConnect)
- Why Frames Suck (Most of the Time) (Jakob Nielson)
- W3C Frames Specifications
If you must use frames, here some good code to help:
One reply on “Frames and Accessibility”
Editor’s Note: As the sample code suggests, one of the few instances where I believe the use of frames is appropriate is when there is a document library. Especially in the case of a really long list of document links (to PDFs of course!), the links are in one frame, and the documents open in another frame.