A few weeks ago, on October 20, Web Axe author Dennis Lembree attended the very first Accessibility Camp Los Angeles at CSU Northridge. The event is led by @jennison and @joedevon. After opening comments and introductions, Dennis presented Introduction to Web Accessibility (sorry, the Google docs nor the Slideshare version is very accessible). Dennis represented PayPal, his day job in San Jose, who sponsored lunch.
Many other well known accessibility professionals attended and shared their expertise. This is totally awesome since most came from out of state at their own expense. This includes:
- Elle Waters who spoke on accessibility as innovation.
- Karl Groves who spoke on testing tools.
- John Foliot who spoke on HTML5.
- Pratik Patel who spoke on document accessibility.
- William Lawrence who spoke on Section 508.
- Joseph O’Connor who spoke on WordPress accessibility.
Learn more about Accessibility Camp LA on Twitter:
More on the accessibility camps.