Dennis speaks with Terrill Thompson about a variety of topics including a summary of the EDUCAUSE conference; a preview of the Accessing Higher Ground (AHG) conference; community efforts to fix the web; HTML5 audio, video, and controls; and captioning.
- Creating Your Own Accessible HTML5 Media Player
- The Quest for an Accessible Flash MP3 Player
- Accessible University 2.0 (test exercise page)
- EDUCAUSE IT Accessibility Constituent Group
- Mozilla Audio Data API
- DO-IT Video Search – even searches captions!
More on the EDUCAUSE Twitter backchannel
- WebAIM: Using VoiceOver to Evaluate Web Accessibility (and also Using NVDA to Evaluate Web Accessibility)
- Topsy, a great app for searching tweets
- Tips for Designing For Colorblind Users
- Integrating Accessibility Through Design