Download Web Axe Episode 61 (Accessibility Statements)
- Donate to Web Axe! Button in sidebar. Looking to purchase Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Ross merged his company, moved offices, ingenexdigital.com
- Refresh Detroit/MIUPA meeting on Jan 30
- DOCTYPE broken (A List Apart)
- Learning from Screen Readers (WebAIM)
- February Milestone On Road To Web Access Guidelines
- Introducing WAVE 4.0
- Free web site accessibility checkers
- Added: Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools List by W3C WAI
- Accessible WordPress templates; try Mike Cherim’s Seabeast WordPress template
Main Segment Topics
- What is an accessibility statement?
- Should an accessibility statement be on my web site?
- Where should I provide links to the accessibility statement?
- What should be included in the accessibility statement?
- A brief description of the policy.
- How to report failures on the site.
- Details of the functions built-in to the site.
- Information on browser options.
- The standards used in the building of the site.
- The verification processes used.
- Links to further information.
2 replies on “Podcast 61: Accessibility Statements”
About the DocType, Joe Dolson has written to the contrary, Why the DOCTYPE switch isn’t broken.
In follow-up to a news item, the WAVE 4.0 toolbar and blog is now available.