The camp kicked off with a warm welcome and announcements from organizers Billy Gregory, Oskar Westin, and Jenny Hiseler. Learn about all of the camp organizers on the event’s website.
Below are session resources, select Tweets, and a few personal notes.
Here’s a mix of resources from presenters of the conference.
- Inclusive Thinking for BAs and PMs by Hala Anwar (@halathinkeths).
- Accessibility Squad – How to Cultivate a Community of Practice (Google Slides) by Alex Tait (@AT_Fresh_Dev).
- Accessible SVG for icons, links and buttons (PPT), by Dennis Lembree (@DennisL).
- Case Study: The New AFB Website (Google Slides) by Crispin Bailey (@cspin)
- Hiral (@thehiralmehta) presentation from talk on accessibility and digital advertisements (PPT via Drive).
- Patrick Dunphy (@PatrickDunphy) recommend reading for those that attended his session on accessibility & OKR: Digital Accessibility Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).
- For “Automated Tools to Test Accessibility with NPM” by Arthur Rigaud (@arigaud_ca), here are the accessibility NPM packages discussed:
- More: Google Spreadsheet of presentation materials (bit.ly/a11yTOCamp2019).
— Jonny James (@heresjonnyjames) May 18, 2019
— Patrick Dunphy (@PatrickDunphy) May 18, 2019
If your stakeholders aren’t readily on board with #InclusiveDesign, find out what your stakeholders do want to improve. @halathinkeths thanks for talking to such a packed room on motivating stakeholders and building engagement to work inclusively.#a11yTOCamp #accessibility pic.twitter.com/t0k6TwfI7Q
— Julianna Rowsell (@JuliannaRowsell) May 18, 2019
Here at #a11yTOCamp watching @FourneyDavid on The Evolution of Digital Accessibility (with CART services). #accessibility #digital #history #CynthiaWaddell #standards #WCAG #NordicGuidelines #SignLanguage #DeafAwarenessWeek #ANSI #procurement #ISO16071 #ISO9241171 #a11y pic.twitter.com/bIEjqgmdjc
— Thea Kurdi ♿ (@tkurdi) May 18, 2019
— Donna Vitan (@donnavitan) May 18, 2019
- I loved exploring downtown Toronto; came across a wicked good place to eat called Rolltation — sushi burritos!
- It was my first time at OCAD so it was cool just being there. It’s quite a funky/artsy place!
- Met more great folks in the community including Sophia Morgan and John McNabb.
- I have a few photos on the Instagram #a11yTOCamp feed.